MLB Mobile Phone Ticketing Guide - Accepting Ticket Forward:
1) Open the MLB Ballpark App
- I have a MLB.com account: Ensure you are logged into the app with your MLB.com email & password. (Then, skip to Step #2 Viewing Your Tickets)
- If you’re having trouble logging in or you provided a different email address than the email the tickets were sent to, see Troubleshooting: ‘Email Addresses.’
- I do not have a MLB.com account:
- Download the MLB Ballpark App. You will need to create an account.
- Click the blue “Get Started” button.
- You may be asked to do any of the following. Choose your preference and continue to the next screen.
- Enable location.
- Select your favorite team.
- Choose whether you want to enable notifications.
- Fill in all requested information. Provide the email address that the tickets were forwarded to.
- If it asks you to verify your account: Click “Send Verification Email” button. Close the notification & locate email from “MLB” (mlb.com) subject line: “Verify your email address”
- Note: Email can take several minutes to arrive.
- Click on link “Verify Email”
- MLB Ballpark App will be pulled up and you will be logged into your account.
2) Viewing Your Tickets - If You:
- Have an iPhone:
- Within the MLB Ballpark App, click the “Tickets” tab on the menu along the bottom of the screen.
- This is where you can view all of your tickets.
- If you do not see your tickets, see Troubleshooting section: ‘Having trouble finding your tickets?’
- Click on the desired game.
- Click “Open” to the right of either ticket.
- Click “Add to Apple/Google Wallet” (located on the bottom of the screen)
- The next screen will show the selected ticket. Click “Next” in the top right corner.
- A message will appear: Automatic Selection “Reds vs. [Opponent]” will be automatically selected where this pass is requested. Choose “Automatically Select”. Click “Done” in the top right corner.
- For each ticket within the set, you will need to swipe to the screen showing the individual ticket and follow these same steps.
- Upon arrival at the gate: Pull up your phone’s wallet, tap the tickets. Hold phone to the reader to scan the ticket. For multiple, swipe to get to the next ticket, then scan.
- Have an Android:
- In the MLB Ballpark App, view the menu along the bottom of the screen. Depending on your type of Droid, it will either be an icon of tickets or an icon of a wallet with a ticket sticking out.
- This is where you can view all of your tickets to confirm you received them.
- If you do not see your tickets, see Troubleshooting section: 'Having trouble finding your tickets?'
- Click on the desired game, then click “Open” to the right of either ticket.
- For multiple, swipe to get to the next ticket.
- Upon arrival at the gate:
- Open the MLB Ballpark App to the "Today” screen. “Calendar” icon on the menu along the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the desired game, then click “Open” to the right of either ticket.
- For multiple, swipe to get to the next ticket, then scan.
Transfer tickets to other members of your party:
- Go to the desired game with tickets to send.
- Click “Forward.” Select the seats you need to transfer.
- Click “Forward Tickets.” Choose “Email.”
- Fill in desired recipient’s: First & Last Name, Email Address. Click “Forward.”
Patience Needed: Technical issues can arise during this process. Important: Be patient when accepting & viewing your tickets in the MLB Ballpark App & Wallet. Allow up to 10 minutes between each step incase of a delay.
Issue downloading the app on an Android? Click here.
Don’t see your tickets in the account? Go to the Tickets tab & refresh the page by pulling down the screen. Next, ensure you received the ticket forward notification email.
- Locate the email to ensure the order has been processed and it was sent to the correct email address. Note: Do not click any links.
- Can’t Find Email? Check these folders: Spam/Junk or Deleted
- Don’t know what email you provided? Check all of your email accounts in all folders.
- Still having trouble? Contact our main sales line (513-333-7328) and a sales rep will assist you.
Preparation: We HIGHLY recommend you set up your MLB Ballpark account and view your tickets prior to gameday.
Ballpark App - Not Working Best? Go into your App Store to see if the app requires an update.
Having trouble finding your tickets? Verify Email.
Go to “Home” on the menu along the bottom of the screen. Click on the Profile Icon in the top left corner, choose “My MLB Accounts Emails.” Verify the email you are logged in with.
Does the email say it “is verified for ticket access” with a check mark?
- If yes, then ensure your app is up to date.
- If not, are you logged in with the email the tickets were transferred to?
- Yes: Click “Resend” to have another verification email sent to you. Check your email for an email from MLB.com with the subject “Verify your email address.” Click the blue “Verify Email” button in the email.
- No: Click “Add Another Email” to try linking to the different email you think the account/tickets could be tied to. A verification email will be sent to this address. Check your email for an email from MLB.com with the subject “Verify your email address.” Click the blue “Verify Email” button in the email.
- Email invalid error or cannot log into the app? May be extra characters in the email field. If you pasted the email into the app, delete & retype the last few characters of the email. Next, delete & retype the entire email.
- Not Matching? If you already have an account with MLB and had the tickets sent to a different email address than what is associated with your original MLB account, you can add the email address to your account.
- Go to “More” on the menu along the bottom of the screen > Click the “Profile Icon” on the top left corner > Click “My Ticket Accounts” > Click “My MLB Account Emails” > Click “Add Another Email”
- A verification email will be sent to that email address. You will need to click the link within that email to add the email address to your account.
Internet/data issue on gameday: Large crowds can cause cellular data to be slow. If you cannot access your tickets due to internet issues, then follow the WiFi connection steps detailed below.
- iPhone Users:
- Ensure you save your tickets to your wallet before heading to the stadium. If you cannot, then follow the steps detailed below. Connect to WiFi:
- Go to Settings, then Wi-Fi. Ensure Wi-Fi is toggled on.
- Tap ‘redswifi’ - No password required.
- After you join a network, you'll see a check mark next to the network and a WiFi symbol in the upper-left corner of your display or the upper-right corner.
- Android Users:
- Open the app to view your tickets (and keep the app open) before heading to the stadium. Connect to WiFi:
- At the Home screen, touch the Apps icon. Open the Settings app.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi master control icon is on.
- If not, slide the master control from ‘Off’ to ‘On’ to activate the phone’s Wi-Fi radio.
- Select ‘redswifi’ - No password required.
Problems viewing tickets in Apple wallet?
- Location Services:
- Ensure “Location Services” is toggled on.
- Go to “Settings” > “Privacy” > “Location Services”
- Toggle the “Location Services” slider to on/green
- Scroll down to Wallet app to identify the current setting
- Lock Screen Suggestions:
- The Suggest on Lock Screen feature is turned off for that pass.
- Go to “Settings” > “Siri & Search” > Wallet
- Toggle the “Suggestions from App” to on/green
I don’t see a barcode - iPhone users:
- If you have added your tickets to the Wallet, you will see a message “Hold near reader.”
- Stadiums are using NFC technology, which means you only have to hold your phone to the reader.
- If NFC is not working - click the 3 dots in top right hand corner & scroll down to QR code.